Warning Signs of Roof Damage
Learning the signs of potential roof damage is essential in catching small issues before they become big problems. Read these areas to check, and contact a roofing professional if you believe your roof may be damaged.
Inside the Home
Grab a flashlight and begin your examination inside your home’s attic.
- Check for signs of water damage or leaks.
- Examine the roof deck for any areas that appear to be sagging.
- Notice any dark spots or trails in the attic.
- Check for light showing through any part of the roof.
Safely view your home’s roof and look for any potential damage.
- Look for any cracked, torn, damaged, or missing shingles.
- Examine the area around chimneys, pipes, skylights, and vents in the roof for loose or damaged shingles.
- Check that all gutters and downspouts are attached securely to the home and are free of debris.
- Look for signs of mold or shingle rot on your roof.